Rewards Terms & Conditions
March 18, 2015
U.S. Cellular Rewards program ("Rewards" or "Program" or "Rewards Program") is open for enrollment to U.S. Cellular customers with qualifying service plans. Rewards is only available for participation by eligible individuals and businesses that purchase, and are current subscribers under, qualifying individual, family or business rate plans from U.S. Cellular through April 30, 2015. Please refer to www.uscellular.com/plans for a list of qualifying plans. Eligibility in Rewards is limited to the account owners obligated on the account with which the enrollment is associated. Users who are not account owners may not participate. As used in these Terms and Conditions, "you" or "your" means each U.S. Cellular account owner obligated on a participating account. The terms "we," "our" and "us" means United States Cellular Corporation or U.S. Cellular. By participating in U.S. Cellular Rewards program, you acknowledge, accept, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are in addition to your Customer Services Agreement terms and conditions, the terms and conditions applicable to each service, including data services for which the additional terms and conditions are posted at www.uscellular.com/termsandconditions.
THE REWARDS PROGRAM IS BEING DISCONTINUED. YOU WILL NO LONGER ACCRUE REWARD POINTS AFTER APRIL 30, 2015. YOU MUST REGISTER IN MY ACCOUNT NO LATER THAN AUGUST 30, 2015 TO BE ABLE TO REDEEM POINTS. YOU MAY REDEEM REWARD POINTS UNTIL 11:59PM CST ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2015. REWARD POINTS AFTER 12:00AM CST SEPTEMBER 2, 2015 WILL NOT BE REDEEMABLE.
Who Is Eligible?
AAccount owners who are current subscribers on qualifying U.S. Cellular service plans are automatically enrolled in the Program and will receive Reward Points based on their service plans and other qualifying activities through April 30, 2015. Account owners remain eligible to receive Reward Points as long as your U.S. Cellular account remains open, in good standing, and has not been transferred, assigned, or cancelled either by you or U.S. Cellular through April 30, 2015. U.S. Cellular employees are not eligible to participate and purchasers receiving U.S. Cellular employee discounts are not eligible for Reward Points.
How Do Reward Points Accrue?
Reward Points will not accrue after April 30, 2015. Reward Points accrue on a per account (Billing Account Number) basis and not on individual lines of service within a billing account. Reward Points are made available based on service plans, the number of lines of service, tenure with us, referrals and completion of qualifying activities which may be offered from time to time. Please refer to www.uscellular.com/rewards for a complete list of products, services and other activities eligible for Reward Points. Reward Points awarded will differ based on service plans, lines of service, and tenure with us. You may be offered or invited to participate in other activities for Reward Points, at which time we will provide you with the number of Reward Points that you may accrue for participating. The number of Reward Points that may be accrued for each activity is available on the Rewards website www.uscellular.com/rewards. We reserve the right to award bonus Reward Points at our sole discretion. Purchase of equipment and accessories, and payment of taxes, fees, or other charges, including but not limited to the Regulatory Cost Recovery Fee, early termination fees, shipping or interest charges are not included and do not qualify for Reward Points. Refer A Friend. In its sole discretion from time to time, U.S. Cellular may award Rewards Points through a promotion entitled "Refer A Friend" which awards points to existing U.S. Cellular customers when a referral becomes a new U.S. Cellular customer (postpaid) and registers on My Account. Both the existing (referring) customer and the new (referred) customer must be eligible for Rewards Points to be awarded. The referred email address and resulting account number will be used to determine eligibility to receive Rewards Points. Rewards Points will only be awarded once for each new customer account number regardless of the number of email addresses associated with that account. Rewards Points will not be awarded for the following activities, including but not limited to: (i) email addresses that are linked to referring customer's account number(s); (ii) account number(s) that are linked to referring customer's account number(s); or (iii) customer accounts that are established prior to the referral submission.
How Do I Know How Many Reward Points I Have?
To check your Reward Points, you may establish an account through the U.S. Cellular My Account system at www.uscellular.com/myaccount, call customer service or ask an associate in a retail store to check your Reward Points. If you are on your My Account page, you may click on the Rewards link to check your Reward Point balance, view your monthly Reward Point transactions, browse the exclusive online Rewards catalog, and redeem your Reward Points for products and services. Reward Points are updated daily and will generally be reflected on your account within thirty (30) days after activity. We will not provide written notice of accrual of Reward Points, but we may provide monthly email notifications of accrued Reward Points. Note: Reward Point totals might not reflect your most recent activity. You will no longer be able to check your Reward Point balances after 11:59PM CST September 1, 2015
How Do I Redeem Reward Points?
You must establish an account through My Account in order to redeem Reward Points. You must register through the U.S. Cellular My Account system at www.uscellular.com/myaccount no later than August 30, 2015 in order to redeem your Reward Points through September 1, 2015. The authorized users on your account also will be allowed to redeem Reward Points for rewards through the same methods and process that you redeem Reward Points. You can redeem Reward Points whenever your point total is equal to a reward available in the Rewards catalogue. Based on your point total, you may choose to redeem Reward Points for select rewards for which your point total qualifies, or you may continue building points to redeem later. See Rewards catalog at www.uscellular.com/rewards to see available products and services. Some products and services may have restrictions, such as limited availability, may be available only while supplies last, and/or may be subject to other restrictions. We will explain applicable restrictions to you within the Rewards catalog which may be included on a per item basis.
Reward Points can be redeemed as long as your U.S. Cellular account is on a service plan that earns Reward Points, and remains open, in good standing, and has not been transferred, assigned, or cancelled either by you or U.S. Cellular. For example, Reward Points cannot be redeemed if your account is past due or involuntarily suspended. You may not redeem Reward Points through any process not identified on the Rewards website, and you may not apply Reward Points to any purchases you previously made through another method. You will be able to redeem until 11:59 PM CST September 1, 2015.
When Are Reward Points Consumed For Account Maintenance Purposes?
Reward Points earned but not redeemed shall bear a monthly administrative charge for the purposes of account maintenance at the rate of the greater of 20% of the number of Reward Points in your account or 3,500 (thirty-five hundred) Reward Points. We may elect to waive the monthly administrative charge, at our sole discretion, with respect to any month in which Reward Points accrue.
Who Do I Contact About Questions And Is Information Available Online?
If you have any questions about the Rewards Program, please contact customer service at (888) 944-9400, or you can access Program and Reward Point information at www.uscellular.com/myaccount.
General Terms And Conditions
- We are discontinuing the Rewards Program. No Reward Points will accrue after April 30, 2015. You must register in My Account no later than August 30, 2015 in order to redeem Reward Points by September 1, 2015. Reward Points may be redeemed until 11:59 PM CST September 1, 2015. We will not accept returns from any redemption transaction after August 15, 2015 and Reward Points will not be restored. After August 15, 2015, U.S. Cellular will only accept a return on a defective device or accessory and may substitute a device or accessory of equal or lesser value. Reward Points after 12:00AM CST September 2, 2015 will NOT be redeemable.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate or modify the Rewards Program at any time without advance notice. We may also, at any time without advance notice, delete, modify or add any Rewards rules, regulations, terms and conditions; and delete, modify or add time limits, point values, and available rewards. Any such modifications shall be posted to www.uscellular.com/site/legal/rewards-terms-and-conditions.html and shall be effective upon posting, unless otherwise stated. Modifications may have the effect of reducing or cancelling your Reward Points balance, unless otherwise stated. You may not rely on the continued availability of the Rewards Program, an award, or any term of the Rewards Program or a reward. The decision of U.S. Cellular is final and binding in all matters relating to the Rewards Program, including but not limited to the award or removal of Reward Points to an account owner.
- Reward Points have no cash value. Reward Points may be used only by the account owner or their authorized users in accordance with the terms of the Rewards Program. All Reward Points represent a measurement system we have adopted to monitor and administer our gratuitous transfers of promotional rewards and discounts to create customer loyalty and are merely a feature and function of the Rewards Program. Reward Points are granted, valued, and redeemable at our sole discretion. Reward Points earned by the purchase of products and services or other activities identified by U.S. Cellular , as described in www.uscellular.com/rewards, will be credited to the "billing" or "bill to" customer account. Reward Points are not transferable; points may not be purchased, sold, bartered or given. Reward Points cannot be combined among accounts, even with the same account owner. Reward Points can only be used in the Rewards catalog and cannot be used to pay for your U.S. Cellular account balance.
- All Reward Points redemptions are subject to verification by U.S. Cellular. We reserve the right to discontinue or substitute rewards of equal or lesser value if an advertised reward becomes unavailable. Allow approximately 1-2 weeks for shipment of rewards following verification; in some cases delivery may take longer. Once request for redemption is final, rewards cannot be returned and Reward Points restored; except certain device and accessories may be returned within thirty (30) days of shipment. If the customer returns the device or accessory within thirty (30) days of shipment, U.S. Cellular will credit the customer's account with the value of the Reward Points used for the transaction after U.S. Cellular receives the returned device or accessory. If customer returns the device and orders a replacement device, the customer will be shipped the replacement device before the original device is returned. Customer must return the original device within fifteen (15) days of shipment of the replacement device or customer will be charged the full retail value of the replacement device. U.S. Cellular will credit customer's account for the difference between the points used for the original device and the points used for the replacement device, if applicable. U.S. CELLULAR WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY RETURNS REGARDLESS OF DATE OF REWARD POINT REDEMPTION AFTER AUGUST 15, 2015. AFTER AUGUST 15, 2015, U.S. CELLULAR WILL ONLY ACCEPT A RETURNED DEVICE OR ACCESSORY IF IT IS DEFECTIVE AND MAY SUBSTITUTE A DEVICE OR ACCESSORY OF EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE AND REWARD POINTS WILL NOT BE RESTORED.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel your participation in the Rewards Program at any time for any reason, including but not limited to, fraud, abuse of rewards privileges, or violation of these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable terms and conditions of your account. Any evidence of fraud or attempted fraud by or on behalf of the account owner shall result in a disqualification of the account owner and shall void all points accrued. We may audit your account to determine your compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and interpreted under the laws of Illinois without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
- You are responsible for any tax liability arising with respect to or related to your participation and/or your purchase of any of the rewards associated with the Rewards Program. Please consult your tax advisor. We may report rewards to applicable tax authorities.
- In many cases, we have contracted with independent contractors to administer these benefits, including, but not limited to administrative services, shipping and fulfillment of rewards. In addition, independent suppliers may provide concessions and/or services as part of fulfilling rewards. United States Cellular Corporation does not own or control the independent contractors used to administer these benefits, and does not assume responsibility in connection with any service provided by an independent contractor, including the nature or quality of those services. United States Cellular Corporation, the independent contractors and their respective affiliates and subsidiaries do not maintain control over the independent suppliers used to provide concessions and/or services as part of fulfilling these benefits. United States Cellular Corporation and its independent contractors do not assume responsibility in connection with any service provided by an independent supplier, including the nature or quality of those services.
- By participating in the Rewards Program, you agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless United States Cellular Corporation and its independent contractors and suppliers, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents of each of the foregoing ("Rewards Providers"), from and against any and all liability, loss, harm, accident, delay, inconvenience or damage, including without limitation, property damages, personal injury and/or death, and cost or expense including but not limited to, all reasonable counsel fees and court costs, which may occur in connection your participation in the Rewards Program, or your acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any rewards.
- In order to accrue and/or redeem Reward Points, you understand and agree that you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your shipping address, email address, and billing address, and that the information you provide will be disclosed to merchants and other third parties as necessary to complete your transaction. Rewards Providers have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, the use by any merchants or other third parties of personal information or any other information that such parties independently acquire from you or that is given to such parties to process your transactions or fulfill your rewards.
- U.S. Cellular is not responsible for printing, typographical, clerical, mechanical, technical, or other errors in materials distributed in connection with the Rewards Program, or in the transmission, receipt or processing of point totals.
- USE OF U.S. CELLULAR REWARD POINTS AND ANY OF ITS ASSOCIATED BENEFITS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE REWARDS AND BENEFITS ARE PROVIDED ON ANY "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE REWARDS PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (I) REWARDS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (II) REWARDS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR (III) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL ACQUIRED OR OBTAINED BY YOU FROM YOUR USE OF REWARD POINTS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE REWARDS PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY OF THE MERCHANDISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE REWARDS PROGRAM, YOU MUST CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER DIRECTLY. REWARDS PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONTINGENT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR RELIANCE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM OR ANY REWARDS, WHETHER OR NOT REWARDS PROVIDERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- These Terms and Conditions, including all referenced documents and terms and conditions posted at www.uscellular.com represent the complete agreement between you and U.S. Cellular with respect to the Rewards Program. These Terms and Conditions supersede any inconsistent or additional promises made to you by any employee or agent of U.S. Cellular. All parts of these Terms and Conditions, including the introductory paragraphs, the questions and answers, and the General Terms and Conditions, are binding contractual terms.
- You and we are the only parties that may enforce these Terms and Conditions; there are no third party beneficiaries (except persons expressly indicated in Sections 8 and 11, who may enforce the provisions of those sections).
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unenforceable, that part will not make any other part unenforceable. The terms of Sections 7, 8, 9, and 11 of these Terms and Conditions will survive any termination or expiration of these Terms and Conditions, and the termination of your account or your participation in the Rewards Program.
- You may not assign your rights under the Rewards Program or these Terms and Conditions without our prior written consent. We may assign these Terms and Conditions, or any or all of our rights in the Rewards Program, without notice to you.